The material in the Desaru ship section of the MaritimeAsia website is
based on The Desaru Shipwreck Excavation: final report by Sten
Sjostrand, submitted to the Malaysian Department of Museums and Antiquities
in January 2003.
- Atkinson, Karen, Jeremy Green, Rosemary Harper, and Vidya Intakosi,
1989, 'Joint Thai-Australian Underwater Archaeological Project 1987-88
Part I: Archaeological survey of wreck sites in the gulf of Thailand
1987-88', International Journal of Nautical Archaeology and Underwater
Exploration, Vol 18/4, (1989) p.299-315.
- Ball, Dorian, 1995, The Diana adventure. Malaysian Historical
Salvors, Kuala Lumpur, 2000. ISBN 90-70295-07-5.
- Brown, Roxanna M., 1975, Preliminary report on the Ko Khram sunken
ship. Oriental Art Magazine. Volume 21/4 pages 356-370.
- Brown, Roxanna M., 1988, The ceramics of Southeast Asia, their
dating and identification, Oxford University Press, Kuala Lumpur.
- Brown, Roxanna M. and Sten Sjostrand, 2000, Turiang: a fourteenth-century
shipwreck in Southeast Asian waters, Pacific Asia Museum, Pasadena,
- Brown, Roxanna M. and Sten Sjostrand, 2002, Maritime archaeology
and shipwreck ceramics in Malaysia, Department of Museums and Antiquities,
- Charoenwongsa, Pisit and Sayan Prishanchit, editors, 1990, Underwater
archaeology in Thailand II: ceramics from the Gulf of Thailand,
Department of Fine Arts, Bangkok.
- Christie's, 1995, The Diana cargo, Chinese export porcelain and
marine artefacts, Christie's Amsterdam.
- Clammer, J.R., 1980, Straits Chinese society, Times Books International,
- Flecker, Michael, 2001, 'The Bakau wreck: an early example of Chinese
shipping in South-East Asia', International Journal of Nautical Archaeology,
- Flecker, Michael, 1999, 'Three 18th-century shipwrecks off
Unjung Pandang, southwest Sulawesi, Indonesia: a coincidence?' International
Journal of Nautical Archaeology, Vol 28, p.45-59.
- Green, Jeremy and Rosemary Harper, 1987, The maritime archaeology
of shipwrecks and ceramics in South-East Asia, Australian Institute
for Maritime Archaeology Special Publication No. 4, Fremantle.
- Green, Jeremy and Rosemary Harper, 1986, 'The survey of the VOC fluit
Risdam (1727) Malaysia', The International Journal of Nautical Archaeology
and Underwater Exploration, Vol 15/2 p.93-104.
- Gyllensvard, Bo, 1999, Porslinet fran China. ICA forlaget.
- Harrisson, Barbara, 1995 Later ceramics in Southeast Asia, sixteenth
to twentieth centuries, Oxford University Press.
- Harrisson, Barbara, 1987, Ceramics traded to Indonesia during the
early Qing, Trade Ceramics Studies, No. 7, p.105-115.
- Lee Poh, Ping, 1978, Chinese society in nineteenth century Singapore,
Oxford University Press, Kuala Lumpur.
- Lim Suan, Poh, 1981, 'Nonya ware', in Southeast Asian Ceramic Society,
West Malaysia Chapter, Nonya ware and kitchen Ch'ing,
Oxford University Press, p.17-30.
- Manquin, Pierre-Yves, 1993, 'Trading ships of the South China Sea:
shipbuilding techniques and their role in the development of Asian trading
networks', Journal of the Economic and Social History of the Orient,
Vol 36, pages 253-280.
- Nagel Auctions, 2000, Tek Sing treasures, Stuttgart.
- Reid, Anthony, 1999, Charting the shape of early modern Southeast
Asia, Silkworm books, Chiang Mai.
- Sjostrand, Sten, and Claire Barnes, 2001, Turiang: a 14th century
shipwreck upsetting Southeast Asia's ceramic history, Journal of
the Malaysian Branch of the Royal Asia Society, Vol LXXIV part 1, p.71-109.
- Sjostrand, Sten, 1996, The Royal Nanhai and its ceramic cargo,
including a preliminary report on the excavations to date, written
for the Malacca Museum Corporation; unpublished.
- Sjostrand, Sten, 1998, The ceramic cargo of the Royal Nanhai,
- Sjostrand, Sten, 1997, 'The Xuande wreck ceramics', Oriental Art
Magazine, Vol XLIII/2 p.7-14.
- Van Oort, H.A., 1977, Chinese porcelain of the 19th and 20th Centuries,
Lochem-Poperinge: De Tijdstroom.
- Watney, B., 1973, English blue and white porcelain of the eighteenth
century, Faber and Faber, London.
- Willetts, William, 1981, 'Introduction', in Southeast Asian Ceramic
Society, West Malaysia chapter, Nonya ware and kitchen Ch'ing,
Oxford University Press, p.1-16.